Due to a technical problem,RIBSTON HALL pool is currently closed. We are running RH classes at STRS pool instead.
24 Sept - We still have spaces at all levels. We have taken on a lot of new students this term, and will need a few weeks to get everyone settled in before accepting new ones. Apologies for not responding to new enquiries immediately. Thank you for your patience - we will contact you as soon as we can.
Teach with us
If you think you might want to work with us, go to the Contact page and leave a message, or call Nick for an initial chat on 01242 279599
What we look for -
- ASA level 1 or 2 qualified, or equivalent (eg STA Award/Certificate)
- Happy to teach in the water
- Available to work on weekends (during school terms) on a regular basis
- Enthusiastic, responsible & team-player
- You want to keep improving as a swim teacher
- CRB checked, or willing to be
- Competent swimmer
You should be able to demonstrate a track record of either (or preferably both) of -
- Building confidence and fundamantal water skills of non-swimmers
- Correct teaching of one or more recognised strokes.
Experience of any of the following would be an advantage, but not essential -
- Competitive Swimming
- Lifeguard qualifications
- Synchronised Swimming
- Scuba Diving
- The "Total Immersion" system
- Any other aquatic activities
- Teaching/learning other skills that might give you a fresh perspective on teaching swimming (dancing, martial arts, yoga, skiing, languages etc)
We are looking for several new teachers to start in September. See JOBS page for details!